Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Odd is Art (Art)

 

by Ripley's Believe It Or Not! (Compiler)

Publisher : Ripley Publishing (May 8, 2018)

Hardcover, 144 pages

Amazon Listing 

One of my impulse COVID buys from the Ripley’s Sealife Museum in Myrtle Beach, SC. Since most of the country was blocked off, my wife and I’s had to settle for the resort town in the off-season - a place where I notice no one was wearing a mask and no police were handing out tickets. Still the lack of activity left me with some extra cash so I picked up a copy of this book and was happy with the purchase.

The book focuses on pieces of artwork crafted from unusual substances or from unusual artists. Each work is showcased large and accompanied by an informative caption. Scattered throughout are in-depth features that go into more detail about particular artists and their work. Each time I turned a page I found something weird and unique. From coffee bean portraits, to glued ash sculptures, to whole books printed on toilet paper. It’s all a fascinating read.

I would say more, but I think the pictures speak for themselves.




For more readings, try books by Rex Hurst




No comments:

Post a Comment